Quite often, a person is more concerned about how the face appears in the frontal view and less about the side view. However, the face line viewed from the side is also an important determinant in forming one’s first impression. Through chin augmentation, patients can work with Dr. Kim to reshape their facial aesthetic for a striking profile.
Why Choose Chin Augmentation
Chin Augmentation Options
One method for chin augmentation utilizes a silicone implant to create an ideal chin for each patient. Los Angeles Dream Surgery utilizes chin silicone implants that vary in size in order to tailor to a patient’s condition. The advantage of chin augmentation using a silicone implant is that the incision is made intraorally (inside the mouth), and incisions will not be shown externally. This means the patient will have no scarring visible on the face.
Another method for chin augmentation is fat grafting. Fat grafting is advantageous if other regions of the face require fat grafting. There are no implant-associated complications. However, a portion of the transferred fat can be absorbed after the surgery, so the final results will differ from how the chin appears immediately following the procedure. One of the main reasons patients select this method is because it does not involve any artificial materials.
Genioplasty focuses on altering the underlying structure of the jaw and chin and is an option for patients who want to address a recessed chin or a protruding chin. Through targeted and precise alterations to the bone of the chin, Dr. Kim can sculpt its shape for a more aesthetically pleasing structure. The goal is to bring a patient’s chin shape and protrusion into alignment with the rest of their natural features, creating a natural-looking chin shape
The Chin Augmentation Procedure
The surgery takes place under local anesthesia, with or without oral sedatives to ensure patient comfort. The duration of the surgery is approximately 30 minutes, with some variation depending on the patient’s individual plan. For surgical genioplasty, a procedure can average closer to one hour. In some cases, patients combine chin augmentation with other facial procedures to further enhance their appearance. This can entail a longer procedure, though the results are well worth the extra time.
How Long Do Results Last?
Combining Chin Augmentation With Facial Procedures
- Neck Lift: Removes extra skin and tightens muscles for a smoother neck without sagging. Works to enhance chin augmentation by creating a smoother, tighter jawline area. We have both awake and traditional options available.
- Brow Lift: Removes excess skin in the forehead, removing wrinkles and smoothing skin.
- Facelift: A staple of cosmetic surgery to reduce sagging skin and remove wrinkles around the face.
- Lip Augmentation: Improve the shape, size, or volume of the lips to best match your facial aesthetic.
- Facial Bone Surgery: Precise and subtle reduction in cheekbones or jawbone structures can allow for a more contoured facial aesthetic.